These links are offered for your convenience and do not constitute an endorsement of those web sites. The trust funds do not assess the suitability, or give any assurance about the potential value of any opinions expressed or the information contained in any outside links referenced in this web site.
- American Medical Association — Home page of the American Medical Association; contains news, information about the AMA, health and fitness information, a searchable database of physicians, information on managing chronic illnesses, and more.
- HealthCentral — Medical information, discussion forums, and news.
- Healthy Solutions — a magazine from Anthem Blue Cross providing health and lifestyle information.
- iVillageHealth — Advice, assessment tools and discussions on women's health, with reports on heart disease, cancer, sexual/reproductive health, nutrition, and other topics.
- MedExpert — MedExpert provides advocacy and assistance services to all participants and their family members. Telephone: (800)-999-1999
- WebMD — A personal guide to health, offering medical news, local health guides, discussion groups, live broadcasts and disease information.
- Medicare — Medicare's site has information on coverage, eligibility, enrollment, your Medicare card, replacement card ordering, address changes, and help with health care costs. In addition, you can find out about how to choose a nursing
home (alternatives, payment, checklist, patient rights), helpful contacts, view, download, or order Medicare or health related publications, info on how to recognize and prevent fraud and abuse, and material to help you stay
- NCHS — This site contains information on where to write for vital records such as birth, death, marriage, or divorce.
- Anthem Blue Cross Prudent Buyer PPO — Anthem Blue Cross is the PPO Medical Benefits Plan provider. Telephone number: (800) 543-3037
- Anthem Blue Cross life and Health Insurance Company — The Insurance company for the Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefit. Telephone: (800) 801-6142
- Body Scan International — Body Scan International is the provider of the body scan, a preventive health benefit provided to all eligible Active participants and their legal spouses. Telephone Number: (888) 724-VIEW or (888) 724-8439.
- CIGNA — CIGNA is the insurer for one of the four available dental HMOs provided through the Plan. You must go to a CIGNA dentist to receive benefits. Telephone: (800) CIGNA24 or (800) 244-6224.
- Citizens Rx — Citizens Rx is the prescription drug vendor. It maintains a web site which can provide you with valuable assistance, including the most up-to-date list of nationwide pharmacies. Telephone Number: (888) 445-5592
- Coast Benefits, Inc — Coast Benefits, Inc. is a 3rd party claims administrator which administers the Medicare Supplement Plan claims (Retiree Health Plan) and Orthotic Benefit claims (Active Health Plan). Active Health Plan participants enrolled in Kaiser Permanent and UnitedHealthcare who utilize the Active Health Plan's medical body scan benefit, will have their claims processed by Coast Benefits, Inc. Customer service representatives are available from 8:30am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday. Telephone Number: (800) 886-7559 or (619) 280-2009.
- DeltaCare — DeltaCare is the insurer for one of the four available dental HMOs provided through the Plan. You must go to a DeltaCare dentist to receive benefits. Telephone: (800) 422-4234
- Kaiser Permanente (HMO) — Kaiser Permanente is one of two HMO programs available. Telephone number: (800) 464-4000
- OptumHealth — OptumHealth administers the Member Assistance Program. Telephone Number: (877) 225-2267. Access code: scibew
- United Concordia/Concordia Advantage Plus — United Concordia is the insurer for the dental PPO provided through the Plan. You may go to any dentist but will receive greater benefits if you use a United Concordia PPO dentist. Telephone number: (800) 332-0366
- UnitedHealthcare (HMO) — UnitedHealthcare is one of two HMO programs available. Telephone number: (800) 624-8822
- VSP — Vision Service Plan administers the vision benefits provided by the Plan. Telephone number: (800) 877-7195