Defined Benefit Pension Plan BenefitTabs™
This is a summary of benefits and not a substitute for the Southern California IBEW-NECA Pension Plan Document, and to the extent it differs from the Plan Document, the terms of the Plan Document will govern.
- Annotations below in red reflect changes for retirements that are first in pay status on or after July 1, 2010, as a result of the adoption of Alternative Schedule 2 under the Critical Status Rehabilitation Plan; or on or after April 1, 2017 as a result of the adoption of Alternative Schedules 1 or 2 under the Second Critical Status Rehabilitation Plan.
Age RequirementsAge 65
See also: Postponed Pension Benefit
Monthly Normal Pension
- $6.00 times Credited Past Service (maximum 15 years); plus
- Benefit Unit from Table times Credited Future Service earned prior to 7/1/1982; plus
- For future service contributions on or after 7/1/1982, contributions (excluding "off-benefit contributions") times the accrual factor for each period shown below:
Contribution Period Accrual Factor 7/1/1982 through 6/30/1987 2.25% 7/1/1987 through 6/30/1996 2.50% 7/1/1996 through 6/30/1999 2.25% 7/1/1999 through 12/31/2003 2.50% 1/1/2004 and later 1.45%*
*1.90% if eligible for Early Retirement at age 55+ or under Section 3.2(b) or eligible for Normal Retirement. Effective April 1, 2017, 1.90% after attainment of age 56 and beginning with the 44,501st Hour of contributions.
See also: Military Service
- Automatic 50% Joint and Survivor Pension*
- Single Life Annuity with 60 payments guaranteed
- 66-2/3%, 75% or 100% Joint and Survivor Pension*
*contingent beneficiary must be spouse with or without Pop-up Benefit
Single Life Annuity with 60 payments guaranteed
All forms of payment except the Single Life Annuity are actuarially reduced.
Conditions Which May Result In Loss of Some or All BenefitsCompletion of Grace Periods can Affect Pre-7/1/82 Normal Retirement Benefit Accruals
Forfeiting of Benefit Rights Due to Inactivity Prior to Becoming Vested
Suspension of Benefits